Monday, July 5, 2010

Homesick

So I was trolling around YouTube and I came across the video for Dire Straits' "Money for Nothing" and it made me incredibly homesick. Don't ask me why. I don't have any deep seeded connection to Dire Straits. Maybe the whole reflection on American society and our rampant consumerism is what did me in. Then again, Japan has rampant consumerism, but I guess they don't care enough to make scathing, (couched in a catchy pop tune,) social commentary on the phenomenon. So I highly suggest you go over to YouTube and watch Dire Straits. Just because.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, just found your blog while I was sneaking around fb. That song makes me homesick too. It reminds me of dad. ...I don't have the same problem with missing out on catchy pop songs about rampant consumerism here in Baltimore that you might run into in Japan.

    ReplyDelete